At Providence Day School, we are actively cultivating and sustaining an environment in which all members of our community will experience acceptance, respect, support, and value given their various identities and backgrounds.
• Added commemorations of LGBTQ+ History Month, Arab American Heritage Month, and Jewish American Heritage Month.
• Added several affinity groups (Jewish Student Association, Rainbow Alliance in Middle School, and Jewish Affinity Group in Lower School).
• Tripled Kaleidoscope member participation in Lower School.
• Hosted a listening session for Jewish families regarding anti-Semitism, which led to partnering with the Jewish Culture Club for a student listening session.
• Conducted student-initiated celebrations for Holi, Lunar New Year, and Rainbow Day.
• The Cultural Connections committee of the Parents’ Association hosted celebratory events for Diwali, Hanukkah, Lunar New Year, and Eid al-Fitr.
• Accurately reflected the increasing diversity of our school community in internal and external communications, ranging from videos and podcasts to magazines, brochures, and social media posts.
• Increased the school’s advertising spending with diverse media outlets, including Jewish Community News, La Noticia, Pride, and QCitymetro.com.
• Enhanced cross-divisional programming such as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Video, Homage Exhibit, and Anne Frank Exhibit. Both exhibits yielded 1,000+